This post provides some quick steps to install Docker on a Mac
1. Install Virtual box
Follow instruction from this link to install Virtual box first
2. Install boot2docker and docker
Go to the official Docker site to install, or from homebrew. This instruction is for those who want to use homebrew:
Note: Make sure you have hombrew installed upfront, if not, do below steps first:
– Install Xcode from Apple App Store
– Install necessary utilities from Apple:
Once you have the utilities which include curl, run the command below:
$ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Now you have brew, run:
$brew update $brew install docker $brew install boot2docker
3. Initiate boot2docker
3. Set necessary environments variables
Note: The ip address above should be different for your environment. Take what `boot2docker up` command recommends.
- error in run: Failed to initialize machine “boot2docker-vm”: exit status 1
Run $boot2docker init -v for details
In many cases, it’s because permission problem. Try to delete this file /path/to/boot2docker-vm/boot2docker-vm.vbox then try again
- docker-machine create hangs at: Daemon not responding yet: dial tcp your_specific_ip: operation timed out
That’s Virtualbox problem, the latest test version (5.0.3) solves this issue.